Also, we’re following an interesting report about some skeletal remains discovered along I-55 yesterday, only 20 minutes from the house shared by Drew Peterson and Stacy Peterson. Please, check the comments page for updates as we learn more.
• The many airings of the Lifetime movie “Drew Peterson: Untouchable” renewed interest in the missing person case of Stacy Peterson. An influx of tips and offers of assistance brought on new searches.
• Rumors surfaced of a biography of Kathleen Savio being written by a distant relative.
• The Illinois Supreme Court approved four counties to take part in testing out the use of cameras in trial court rooms. The four counties are Henry, Mercer, Rock Island and Whiteside (the 14th district). Will County (the 12th district) is also considering applying to take part.
• The Raven Theatre in Chicago premiered a play called “Dating Walter Dante“. The play is loosely based on the private life of Drew Peterson, or more specifically the idea of dating a man suspected of killing two wives.
• Stephen Peterson’s next court date in his appeal to get his job back on the Oak Brook police force was continued to June.
• The bathtub drowning death of Whitney Houston reawakened media scrutiny of the manner of death of Kathleen Savio. It was pointed out once again that only an unconscious person could drown in the tub and that the coroner’s opinion in Savio’s second autopsy was that the gash on her head was not severe enough to result in loss of consciousness.
• Gossip columnist Michael Sneed reported that Peterson has about a dozen pen-pals and that four of them routinely put money in his commissary account.
• Faithful Drew Peterson friend, Steven Carcerano, was arrested and charged with domestic battery after an altercation in which he forced his brother from his car.
• Partially clothed skeletal remains were found by a utility worker in a grassy area south of the I-55 expressway just north of La Grange Road. Waiting on identification.