Drew Peterson’s attorneys are back in court today for pre-trial motions. Lead attorney Joel Brodsky is expected to file a motion barring any mention of Stacy Peterson from Drew’s trial for the murder of Kathleen Savio.
Brodsky is also expected to file a motion asking that videotaped interviews with Peterson be barred from the trial proceedings.
UPDATE 12:40: More motions filed:
Prosecution: Motion to disclose compensation to experts – approved.
- Motion to obtain all drowning autopsies from the medical examiner in order to look for descriptions of “accidental drowning” or “forced drowning” rather than just drowning.
- Motion to squash exhumation search warrant for her body – defense claims it was obtained only on “a hunch”.
- Motion to delay trial until third week of August.
UPDATE 2:11: A closed hearing on “Drew’s prior bad acts” has been going on since 1:00.
- Motion to delay the start of trial – Denied.
- Motion to dismiss the indictment – Denied.
- Motion to sequester the jury – Denied.
- Motion to quash the exhumation evidence and search warrant of Kathleen Savio’s body – Denied.
- Motion to suppress evidence obtained in a search warrant in connection to Stacy Peterson – Denied.
Court is out for the day.
We’ll update throughout the day. For the latest news, make sure to check out the comment thread .
~By commenting you agree to be bound by the rules of this blog. You can contact admins directly by sending an email to email@example.com.~ Line and paragraph breaks are automatic in comments. The following HTML tags are allowed:
<a href=""> <abbr> <acronym> <b> <blockquote> <cite> <pre> <em> <i> <q> <strike> <strong>