The Zonta Club of Kankakee will conduct its annual luncheon, The Diamond Within…celebrating the Strength of the Human Spirit, on April 7 at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverstone Conference Center of Kankakee.
The special guest speaker will be Sue Savio, sister of Kathleen Savio, who will speak from personal experience about the effect of domestic violence on a family.
The public is invited to attend. Advance reservations and payment required. The cost of the luncheon is $40 per person; $25 for children ages 13 and under, with parental caution regarding the topic of the luncheon.
The Zonta Club of Kankakee will also honor the 2013 Woman of Achievement and the 2013 Young Woman in Public Affairs recipients at the luncheon.
The Zonta Club of Kankakee was chartered in 1956 and is a member of Zonta International, a worldwide service organization of executives in business and professions working together to advance the status of women. Locally, the Zonta Club of Kankakee supports the efforts of Harbor House, Kankakee County-Center Against Sexual Assault (KC-CASA), and Center of Hope nonprofit agencies.
Reservations and payments for the luncheon can be sent to: Zonta Luncheon, 106 Julie Drive, Kankakee, IL 60901. Mailed invitations are not being sent for this event. For program sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Amy Carmack at 815-715-7635 for more information.
2012-14 Zonta Service Projects
• Harbor House: An agency whose mission is to provide services to the victims of domestic violence in Kankakee and Iroquois Counties in Illinois.
• KC-Casa: An agency that provides assistance to victims of sexual abuse.
• Center of Hope: An agency that provides car repair grants for women.
• Child Network Grandmother Project: Provides encouragement and support for girls who have been abused or neglected and are now in the court system.
• Kankakee Valley Adult literacy Project: An agency that provides a broad range of tutoring with more accessibility for under-educated adults.