By commenting on this blog, you agree to be bound by these rules. Violations could result in a loss of commenting privileges. Minor violations will merit a warning and/or deletion of your comments. When in doubt, rely on common sense and good manners.
- Be respectful of your fellow commenters. It’s fine to disagree with someone but don’t attack them personally.
- Stay on-topic.
- Spam or advertising comments will be removed. If there is an event or site you would like to promote, please contact us with your request.
- Don’t troll, badger, bait or re-post.
- Be ready to back up any assertions with a link to your source of information.
- Libelous, violent and/or threatening statements will be removed.
Suggestions for commenting
- Keep speculation to a minimum. You stay credible when you stick to the facts.
- State your opinions as such — not as facts.
- Take the time to check your facts. If your comment contains inaccuracies it may be deleted.
- Take the time to write a legible sentence. If your comment is unreadable it will be deleted.
- Refrain from making sexual or obscene comments.
Typically, commenting is enabled on only the most current post.
Line and paragraph breaks are automatic in comments. The following HTML tags can be used:
<a href=""> <abbr> <acronym> <b> <blockquote> <cite> <pre> <em> <i> <q> <strike> <strong>
Here is a list of WordPress emoticons.
NOTE: This is a public blog (unlike a private message board) and comments you write could be read by anyone, including family members of the victims and witnesses. Please keep that in mind.
If you have any knowledge or information that could be pertinent to the investigation, please don’t post it in a comment. Instead contact law enforcement:
Tip-line to the Illinois State Police Missing Persons: (800) 843-5763