Today’s proceedings begin with the cross-examination of Sharon Bychowski, neighbor and friend of Stacy Peterson and then moved on to Bruce Zidarich who was questioned about his plans to paint with Stacy the day she disappeared..
Rescueapet is attending the public hearing today and has shared with us some of her observations from this morning. Sorry they are mostly in note form:
- Drew Peterson is wearing a suit in court today. He stood and scanned the whole courtroom before taking a seat.
- George Lenard was doing the cross examination of Sharon. He asked her if she disliked Drew Peterson and the State objected. Sharon went on to say that she and Drew would speak and that she disliked what she believes he did to Stacy.
- Lenard asked her about an incidence of a group at her house playing loud music on an ipod, specifically the song “Bad Boys” outside her house. She answered that there was music being played and that was one of the songs among others, that it could be heard in the driveway and that Drew was standing at the end of the driveway.
- Sharon stated that she was very close to Stacy. Lenard asked if Stacy trusted her enough to talk to her about her menstrual cycle. Sharon asked what he meant and he said, “Did Stacy trust you?” Sharon replied that she assumed Stacy trusted her but that he was asking her to say what Stacy thought and that she couldn’t do that.
- She was asked if she had any contracts for books or any other sort of media contract and she replied that she did not. She stated that when Joe Hosey interviewed her and later used that interview in a book, she wasn’t aware that it would be used in that way. Also said that she has made no money.
- She was questioned about Avon a lot. Lenard seemed to be trying to show that Sharon’s interest in the case might be somehow tied to promoting Avon. He asked “Hasn’t this been good for Avon?” and Sharon stated “I never mention Avon.” Stacy did some Avon work for Sharon and they did contact her to make sure that Stacy had not been on an Avon errand at the time she went missing. Because of liability issues, perhaps?
- Sharon was questioned about the incident of Greta Van Susteren changing clothes in her bathroom. She was asked, “Did Greta being in your house make you feel special?” She replied that since this all began “nothing makes me feel special”.
- Sharon testified that the search boat is in storage in Ottowa and that it will be donated to a missing persons group.
- Lenard asked Sharon about what Stacy had told her about her mother (Christie Cales). Sharon said that Stacy told her her mother had left for church one day and never came home and that she loved her mother.
- Sharon stated that Stacy told her that the money she withdrew the week before she disappeared was used to pay off a loan for a motorcycle.
- Sharon testified that Stacy told her having sex with Drew made her skin crawl and that she wanted a divorce, had packed up boxes of his things.
- Lenard tried to nail down whether Stacy was planning on keeping all four chikdren with her after she and Drew split or just the two youngest, and Sharon answered that Stacy was interested in the safety of all the children.
- Lenard said, “Stacy was a flirt, wasn’t she?” To which Sharon answered that Stacy was outgoing. (I think that’s what she said – we’ll have to confirm that later)
- As for Bruce Zidarich’s testimony there was very little. He confirmed the paint date and text messages between Stacy and Bruce from October 27th were projected on a screen.
~By commenting you agree to be bound by the rules of this blog. If you spot a rule violation, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.~ Line and paragraph breaks are automatic in comments. The following HTML tags are allowed:
<a href=""> <abbr> <acronym> <b> <blockquote> <cite> <pre> <em> <i> <q> <strike> <strong>